Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Self Image? What you see vs what the world sees

I've been wondering for awhile now how others see themselves. I've been told I'm fat, obese, and the old "you could stand to lose a few" or some other such thing. Overall I'm happy with me, though. I probably could stand to lose 10or so lbs. But my only problem with my image is my teeth. I personally look at myself and see "me". That's it. "I" think I look fine. My husband still thinks I'm sexy. I've had 2 children and in my thoughts don't look bad. I may not be 110lbs or even skinnier, but I'm happy with who I am.

So I've been wondering what other's see when they look at me? Do I look overweight in their eyes? And what about themselves? Do they not see themselves as looking good? Do they only see what others may want? I don't get that. I will NEVER look like a movie star, I am not one. I'll NEVER have someone here to fix my hair, or do makeup or make sure my clothes fit perfectly and look great together. So no I will not ever look like them. But then I don't want someone probing into my life like they do their's so I'll glad live my life without their looks.

Should I change my self-image to meet what others see? Or should others learn to look at themselves and be happy? Even if they want to change a few things that doesn't mean they don't love who they are. I guess I just don't see the weight I've gained, or else it's not "who" I am. I am Wendy, I will be Wendy until the day I die, no matter if I weight 190lbs or 50lbs. I'll still be Wendy. That's the thing. I'm the same me I was at 5 or 10 or 15 or 21 or 30 or now. I may grow a little, I try to keep an open mind but I'm still who I am.

Just bothers me to see so many young girls trying to be the next supermodel when that's not "who" they are.

Maybe I just don't get things nowadays.

Wendyk

No comments: