Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to one and all. This is a day meant to honor those who have paid the ultimate price to insure we are free. My cousin who is in the Air Force was home for a brief visit this past week. He left to head to his new unit on Sunday and while I didn't get to spend as much time with him and his family as I would have liked, I do hope he knows just how much I love and admire him. He is a hero in my eyes and has been for years.

I hope that someday this country will finally realize that Memorial Day is not about having a day off. It's about remembering those lost to us during times of great need. Not all have died during war, but that doesn't make their loss any less as profound. And we as Americans should take a few minutes and remember those lost and those still working to keep us free.

There is a website, www.remember.gov that I think many should visit. It will give you a better idea of the loses we've endured and the fact that we are in fact free because of these brave men and woman. Many of whom are never recognized publicly.

I, myself just want to say Thank You to all those who serve in the military no matter what they do, for all their hard work. You make us proud!

WendyK

No comments: