Sunday, April 01, 2007

"Last place I looked"

Why is it we always say we found the item we were searching for in the "last place I looked"? Of course we did. If we kept looking after finding it, well that would be dumb. I had that experience yesterday. While getting ready to head to a birthday party for a friend's little boy, who has just turned 6, and is a friend of my son's, I went to see my hubby. While I only planed to be a minute I left the Jeep running. Long story short, it overheated and cracked the water reseviour. We had one we'd gotten a few yrs ago when hubby had learned this thing busted easily and costed like $60 new, we found one off an old Jeep for $10. However we had no idea where it was. So we looked everywhere. Finally as I heading back to my Jeep I thought to look in an old car we have on our property that seems to be a catch all for odds and ends. And there is was, the last place I looked, as I told hubby. That's when I thought about why we say this. I mean really of course it's the last place we looked. If it was the first, we'd have stopped looking.

Just a curious thought I had yesterday. Today I will finish my weeding of books yet to be read and likely to never be read. I've found a few I have no idea why I even got, like Judith Krantz and John Grissom. So I'm off to do more weeding, while hubby will head to watch the race at inlaws.

Hope everyone has a great day.

WendyK

No comments: