Tuesday, July 01, 2008

June 2008 reading list

I had a good month for June.Below are the books I read this month.

HIDDEN STEEL by Doranna Durgin
Rating 4

MY LADY NOTORIOUS by Jo Beverly
Rating 4

FALLING FOR KING'S FORTUNE by Maureen Child
Rating 4 1/2

WHAT THE MILLIONAIRE WANTS... by Metsy Hingle
RATING 4 (reread)

DAWN'S LIGHT by Terri Blackstock
Rating 4
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/blackstockterri1608.html

PROMISES, PROMISES by Amber Miller
Rating 4 1/2
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/milleramber1608.html

MISS FIX-IT by L. C. Monroe & Nicolette Derens
Rating 4 1/2
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/monroe_derens1608.html

FINAL JUSTICE by Marta Perry
Rating 4 1/2
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/perrymarta1608.html

CONTROLLING INTERESTS by Elizabeth White
Rating 4 1/2
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/whiteelizabeth1608.html

NOW AND ALWAYS by Lori Copeland
Rating 4
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/copelandlori1608.html

FROM A DISTANCE by Tamera Alexander
Rating 4 1/2
http://www.theromancereadersconnection.com/reviews2/alexandertamera1608.html

RICH MAN'S FAKE FIANCEE' by Catherine Mann
Rating 4 1/2

AT THE BRIDE HUNT BALL by Olivia Parker
Rating 4 1/2

WILD JINX by Sandra Hill
Rating 4

SWORD OF THE HIGHLANDS by Veronica Wolf
Rating 4

HIGHLAND KNIGHT by Cindy Miles
Rating 4

SECRETS by Jude Deveraux
Rating 4 1/2 (This one reminded me a lot of the same style of writing she used with SWEET LIAR, a great great read)

THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT by Donna MacMeans
Rating 3

VIKING UNCHAINED by Sandra Hill
Rating 41/2 -5
A great, wonderful story.

THE SURPRISE CHRISTMAS BRIDE by Maureen Child
Rating 4 (reread)

ANATHEMA by Colleen Coble
Rating 5 (this is an outstanding story!)

THE GOODBYE GROOM by Ellen James
Rating 3 (okay not great)

FINDING STEFANIE by Susan May Warren
Rating 4 (this was a good story)

Not a bad month at all! 23 books. I think I did great.

hugs,
WendyK

5 comments:

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Wendy, thank you! 4-1/2 stars is fantastic. I wasn't even aware of your review until Google alerts brought it to my attention. I've posted a link on my reviews page to the review you have on TRRC.

You've had a great month in June with all of those books. And I concur with your 5-star rating on Colleen's book. She's a great friend and an even better writing mentor. That woman is awesome!

Btw, book 2 in my series released today...so if you're looking for a book for July or August, there's one waiting. :)

Thanks again.

Colleen Coble said...

You live in North Carolina? Why did I think you lived in Washington or Oregon? LOL I'm losing my mind. I might need to tap your brain for a story I'm brainstorming, Wendy.

Glad you liked Anathema!

WK said...

Thanks Tiff, and I thought I had sent you a link to the review. I'm sorry if I didn't.

Colleen, I've lived here all my life, love this state. Have several books printed in the early 1900s on the state's history and what was current info then, ie our state crop, number of residents, and so forth. Very interesting to compare them with today. Have one that has our state song, "OLD NORTH STATE". I try to visit different places within the state often. Haven't made it to Biltmore Estate(the oldest and largest privately owned home in America) yet, mostly because everyone groans when they see 6hr walking tour, because with me it'd be more like 12hrs cause I gotta see the small details and read everything and notice it all.LOL Hubby plans to go with me one weekend and make a weekend out of a visit. But yep I live her, and love it. So ask away.


hugs,
WendyK

Anonymous said...

Wow and I thought I read alot? I love your reviews, I have tried but I am not good at reviewing, reading yes, explaining what I read in a way to entice others to read it with out giving it all away? nope not very good at that.

WK said...

Thanks Corie,
I love to read. And if the book is really good, it's easy to read. Usually I only take a day maybe two to read a book. Sometimes I've taken longer, but most often 2 days is a long time to read for me.

I'm in the process of writing as well. We'll see how it goes. I have tons of ideas, it's getting them written......well that gets me. I know they are there, but then I start with the doubts......

anyway.
Thanks for commenting.
WendyK