Friday, April 21, 2006

Author Signings



On Wednesday I headed West to an author book signing with Paranormal and historical romance author, Sherrilyn Kenyon. The picture above is me and Sherri. I had a blast. This is the second time I've met Sherri, the first was a luncheon in Ala last year. And it's my 4th author signing. I've been to the RWA signing in NYC in 2003, the luncheon last year, and a signing for Inspirational author, Don Brown(a great author who writes a JAG series that fans of the old JAG show would adore!) and this signing on Wednesday. It was in Charlotte, NC and was a blast to attend. It was a big group which will hopefully mean more authors headed to NC for signings in the romance genre. I got to meet some great ladies, laugh, talk books, and in general have a wonderful time. I wonder how many fans drive hours just to see their favorite authors in person. It's like meeting a movie star or something, only most authors are a LOT more down to earth. I look forward to attending more. Now to search and see if any other authors will be in my state or near it in the near future.

No comments: