Monday, April 24, 2006

Gas Prices

Man I just have to say something about Gas Prices. They are driving me nuts for one thing. For another why is it so much more in some areas than others espeically if it's the same dang company ie WilcoHess, selling the gas? What the price goes up 5 miles down the road because it cost them more to take it to store #2 than it did store #1? Come on that's just bull. I drive an '88 Jeep Cherokee and as anyone who owns an SUV can tell you they are not the best on gas. However it does outdo my fatherinlaw's old truck anyday. It's not bad but it's not that great either. It took us $41 to fill up on Thursday and I'll have to fill up again probably on Wednesday or Thursday but we haven't really been anywhere since we filled up either. And I live in the boonies so the idea of taking a bus or public transportation just doesn't make sense. I have to wonder how bad it will get with summer getting closer. I think I'm starting to agree with my husband who wants to switch to a car that can use old cooking oil(yep there's a way to use old cooking oil as fuel, go figure). I know something needs to give. We are just spending way too much on gas that could go to other things, like books. Either way these prices are just outrageous.

OKay I've gotten that whining out of my system.

No comments: